Welcome Pager System Shoppers!
FoodSoftware.com is the largest internet dealer of guest and staff paging systems because we have the lowest prices, most responsive service and fastest shipping available anywhere. We proudly sell LRS (Long Range Systems) products because LRS has the highest quality equipment and best customer service in the market.
If you want to speak to an expert instead of reading our web site, just call 805-375-7000. But please do read on; everything you want to know should be here, including prices.
Pager System Replacement, Expansion and Range Extension Parts
This section describes what you need to know about ordering individual pager system parts to replace missing parts, expand your current system or increase its range.
Most LRS pager system parts are described in the FoodSoftware.com catalog and may be ordered individually using the FoodSoftware.com shopping cart. Links to all pager system parts are listed at the end of this product guide.
Pager System Major Parts: Most pager systems have three main parts- transmitter (with control panel), pagers and pager charger. When you use pager equipment, it's perfectly normal to replace, increase, upgrade or enhance these parts as you go along.
- Pager Replacement: There are usually many pagers (five to fifty or more) in a system. They are used by customers or staff all the time so they are subject to heavy use and wear and occasional loss. LRS equipment is professional restaurant equipment built to withstand the abuse that is typical in this application and LRS pagers rarely break down in their normal warranty period of two years. Pagers are more likely to go missing, but at a surprisingly low rate considering how often they are handed out- one pager lost every sixty days is typical for a very busy restaurant. (Consider loss to be a sign of your success!) Pager batteries typically last from two to five years and are under warranty for two years. After two years, pagers may be replaced (immediate) or refurbished (takes longer). Any number of individual pagers may be ordered as needed to replace missing or failed pagers or expand the total number of pagers.
- Pager Expansion: Pager systems are often first tried in smaller sizes (twenty guest pagers or five server pagers) and expanded later as needed. Expansion pagers can be ordered in any quantity at any time (but the best values are when purchased as part of a system or in larger quantities).
- Pager Numbers: When ordering pager replacements or expansions, please provide pager numbers. For example, if you are missing pagers 3, 6 and 8, just request these numbers and we will provide replacements already marked and programmed. When expanding, sometimes it's convenient to request new ranges or even new colors. Let's say your orginal set of pagers are 1-30, but you want to set off a next new series of thirty pagers (because they are new or maybe for a different purpose) and so you have them numbered as 101-130.
- Transmitter Replacement: Transmitters are radio devices with control panels or push buttons that signal the pagers. Transmitters are highly reliable and normally last for years without problems. Most transmitter issues are actually small-parts problems such as blown power supplies or disconnected or missing antennas (both easy and inexpensive to fix). The other usual issue is placement near too much metal- this is true for any radio device- so keep transmitters away from metal furniture, equipment and walls.
- Transmitter Expansion: Most systems need only one transmitter but you can have more if you want to signal from more than one location. Kitchen and host transmitters can have up to three distinct alert patterns (one vibration means "kitchen", two vibrations means "bar", etc.). Push-for-service transmitters are different in that you may have many transmitters (one per table, door, room, etc.) and few pagers (i.e., thirty table transmitters signalling five server pagers). Like pagers, transmitters can be replaced or expanded in any quantity at any time.
- Range Expansion: There are many ways to increase signal range:
- Repeater Transmitters: Repeaters are devices that listen for weak or distant signals and repeat them anew at full power. LRS repeaters are inexpensive, plug-and-play devices that you can pepper around your large or difficult facility to ensure coverage where needed.
- Transmitter Upgrades: More broadcast power increases range. Some LRS transmitters can be replaced with higher-power upgrades.
- Antenna Placement and Size: Antennas work best when placed as high and away from structures as possible. LRS transmitter antennas are normally right on the transmitters but they can be detached and moved to better locations (i.e. outside wall or roof) using antenna cables. Larger antennas also help. We have cables (3' to 50') and 7' extended range antennas.
- Pager Charger Replacement: Pager chargers are relatively simple and do not get much wear, so they are very reliable and rarely need service. However, their power supplies (that plug into the wall sockets) may be blown out by power surges (this is by design to protect the other parts). Also, they can “fade” after two or three years and may not be able to charge a full group of pagers as they did when new. If your power supplies fail then your entire system goes down too, so it is important to keep spare power supplies handy.
- Pager Charger Expansion: Guest pager charger bases handle up to fifteen pagers and are expanded by adding more bases. Server pager charger racks handle five pagers are are expanded by adding more racks.
Important Pager Replacement and Expansion Parts
Click on the links or graphics below for more details or to place orders.
Standard Guest Pagers
- LRS Pager System Components: Coaster Call Guest Pagers (Smoked Gray)
Guest Pagers (Smoke Color with Red Lights): "Guest" or "coaster-style" pagers are the most common style of restaurant guest or hospital patient pager. "Smoke" (dark gray) is the most popular color. Please be sure to specify the pager numbers needed when ordering replacements or expansions.
- LRS Pager System Components: Coaster Call Guest Pagers (Cool Blue)
Guest Pagers (Cool Blue Color, Blue Lights): Coaster pagers are the most-used style of restaurant guest or hospital patient pager. "Cool Blue" (bright blue) is the second most popular color to smoke gray. Please be sure to specify the pager numbers needed when ordering replacements or expansions.
Specialty Guest Pagers
- LRS Pager System Components: Individual Pizza Pagers
Pizza Pagers: Pizza Pagers are ideal for pizza and Italian concepts. Pizza Pagers behave just like coaster pagers only with more fun. Please be sure to specify the pager numbers needed when ordering replacements or expansions.
- LRS Pager System Components: Individual Lobster Call Pagers
Lobster Pagers: Lobster Pagers are ideal for seafood concepts. Lobster Pagers behave just like coaster pagers only with more fun. Please be sure to specify the pager numbers needed when ordering replacements or expansions.
- LRS Pager System Component: AdverTeaser Guest Pagers (Individual Pagers)
AdverTeaser Pagers: AdverTeasers are "paddle" style pagers such that you can install two-sided business card inserts into the handle for advertising or instructions. These are typically used as guest or patient pagers rather than for staff. Please be sure to specify the pager numbers needed when ordering replacements or expansions.
- LRS Pager System Components: SafeTouch Antimicrobial Guest Pagers
SafeTouch Guest Pagers: SafeTouch pagers are anti-bacterial guest and patient pagers. Unique in the industry, SafeTouch kills bacteria on contact. Please be sure to specify the pager numbers needed when ordering replacements or expansions.
Server and Manager ("Alpha") Pagers
- LRS Pager System Components: Individual Star Staff / Server Pagers Belt-Worn Pagers
Server Pagers: These "server" or "staff" pagers are the most typical type used by restaurant servers or office staff who need only a silent page with no text message. These are small, vibrating pagers (usually silent but can beep), typically worn on belts or carried in pockets. Server pagers are used so much by so many people that at some point they are bound to be misplaced, which is a reflection of how much restaurants depend on them since they improve service so greatly.
- LRS Pager System Components: Text Message Manager/Staff Pagers (Individual)
Manager Pagers: "Manager" or "Alpha" pagers are also small, belt-worn pagers that display text messages such as which location called for service when there are many transmitters. They are less likely to be lost or damaged because they handled more carefully by fewer people.
Guest / Patient Transmitters
- LRS Pager System Component: T7470 Freedom Pager Transmitter
"Freedom" (T7460) Transmitter: This model is usually included with our larger guest paging systems (twenty or more pagers). It features the greatest range available in our line and is able to contact guests, patients or staff using a comprehensive variety of paging modes- signal or text to LRS pagers via radio and recorded voice message or texting to cell phones via internet. The T7460 replaces previous models T7400 and T7450 (which are no longer available).
- LRS Pager System Component: Guest Pager Transmitter T9560MT
"MT" (T9560MT) Transmitter: The MT is the standard transmitter for our smaller guest pager systems (twenty pagers or less). This new model is portable, simple, compact, rechargeable and easy to use. Though normally used at hosts' stands and similar stationary locations, it is small and light enough to be hand-held so you can use it virtually anywhere.
Server / Staff Transmitters
- LRS Pager System: Butler XP Push-for-Service Transmitter System
Butler XP Transmitter: This is our main push-for-service one-button transmitter and is for both indoor and outdoor use at service counters, cabana, poolside, beach service, healthcare residences, executive dining rooms and door access. The Butler XP is inexpensive, small, battery-powered, weather- and water-proof and has a variety of colors and mounting options.
- LRS Pager System Components: Butler II Five Button Transmitter
Butler II 5-Button Transmitter: This model features five programmable buttons and can have five combinations of messages and recipients. It is often used for small restaurant server pager systems or clinic exam room staff paging. It is the only push-for-service transmitter that can signal all LRS pager types.
- LRS Pager System Components: PRONTO One-Button Transmitter System
PRONTO 1-Button Transmitter: Features one large button which can be programmed with a message and single or multiple recipients. It is often used for clinic exam room staff paging or restaurant tables to call servers. Can be wall- or flat-surface mounted. Optional wall power.
- LRS Pager System Components: PRONTO Six-Button Transmitter
PRONTO 6-Button Transmitter: Features one large button and five small buttons which can be programmed with different text messages and recipients. It is often used for small clinics to page staff or restaurant tables to call servers. Can be wall- or flat-surface mounted. Optional wall power.
Range Expansion Parts
- LRS Pager Components: TX-74POCREP Pager Repeater Transmitter
Repeater Transmitter: Transmitter repeaters can be added to LRS pager systems to increase their range. Multiple repeaters can be combined to form networks that expand coverage across very large campuses or penetrate throughout very large buildings. Also useful to make wireless connections to rooftop antennas or to greatly amplify signals from one or more push-for-service type transmitters.
Pager System Small (but important) Parts
- LRS Pager System Components: Pager Cradle Belt Clips for Star Server Pagers (1 dozen)
Server Pager Cradles (aka “belt clips” or “holsters”): Waitstaff pagers are usually worn for entire workshifts clipped to belts or pockets. Belt clips are part of the pager cradle and not the pager itself, so if clips are broken, only cradles are broken and not the pagers. Belt clips break regularly when people brush by things and get caught. For this reason, replacement cradles are inexpensive and sold by the dozen.
- LRS Pager System Component: Pager Charger Power Supplies
Power Supplies: Small power supplies (1.5A) are used by transmitters and larger ones (4A) by pager chargers (both guest and server). They are reliable but they blow out if there is power trouble and then your transmitter or charger stops working until the power supply is replaced. It’s important to keep spare power supplies on hand because in emergencies, air shipping of power supplies is more expensive than the power supplies themselves.
- LRS Pager Components: Coaster Pager Charger Expansion Base
Guest Pager Charger Base: There is normally one charger base per fifteen guest pagers. When expanding your pager system, make sure you have a total of two bases for 16-30 pagers, three bases for 31-45 pagers and so on, up to four bases total. When ordering charger bases to expand your system, be sure to use the shopping cart option that includes the jumper cable too.
- LRS Pager Components: Star and AdverTeaser Pager Charger Expansion Rack
Star and AdverTeaser Pager Charger Rack: Each charger rack can hold up to five pagers. Up to five racks can be connected to one power supply. When ordering charger bases to expand your system, be sure to use the shopping cart option that includes the jumper cable too.
Links to All Products in the Pager System Components Category