Related Products Zebra Desktop Labels Zebra Desktop Ribbons Food Label Printers
Product Group Guides
Info, Quotes & Orders:
8am - 11pm Pacific
Advanced Analytical, Inc.
Newbury Park, CA 91320
All Major Credit Cards
|No Sales Tax|
|> Home >|
Zebra Desktop Printer Labels
Zebra Desktop Printer Labels and Ribbons Supplies
8/1/2018 by FoodSoftware
Zebra Food Labels and Ribbons Product Guide and Catalog For Zebra Desktop Label Printers
Welcome Food Label Printer Supply Shoppers! FoodSoftware.com specializes in food label printers, related equipment, supplies and software for commercial food label printing. Our special emphasis is on equipment suitable for startup, small and medium-size food businesses.
This catalog / product guide is for food package labels and shipping labels and ribbons for Zebra "desktop" label printers (4” max print width with 5” max outer diameter label rolls), including Zebra models TLP 2844 and GX430t that are available from www.FoodSoftware.com. (Zebra's larger printers are "tabletop" printers.)
How to Choose Labels and Ribbons
- Choose the label size: Label sizes in the list below are indicated by width x length in inches. For example, 4" wide by 6" long is 4x6, 2.25" x .75" is 2.25x0.75, etc. If you don’t see a width and length combination that you need, try swapping width with length since labels can usually be printed sideways. You should design your sample labels beforehand to ensure that you choose the correct label sizes.
- Choose the right material and print method for your food package or shipping label:
- Fresh Foods and Baked Goods Stored Dry at Room Temperatures: Most fresh foods and baked goods use Direct Thermal ("DT") paper labels which are the least expensive since they are thermal paper and no ribbon is needed. They look good, are durable enough for typical use, but are not meant for hot, frozen, wet, direct sunlight or long shelf life (more than a few weeks).
- Hot or Long Shelf Life Food: Foods that are packaged or kept hot and dry or have long shelf lives need Thermal Transfer ("TT") paper. Heat, light and time don’t bother the labels and they stay white over time. Paper is inexpensive but ribbons are required so it costs more per label.
- Hot, Cold, Frozen, Wet, Long Term or Premium: Packages that need to look their best for the long run and may get hot, cold, wet, frozen or rough handling use thermal transfer plastic labels ("PolyPro" or "Z-Ultimate").
- Plastic Wrap: All label types here may be used on packaging that is not directly touching food. Most types are approved for plastic food wraps where the label is applied to one side of the wrap and food is touching the other side of the wrap, but note that some types are not (such as Z-Ultimate). None of the label types here may be applied directly to food (like the labels on apple skins).
- If using thermal transfer labels (type "TT"), choose ribbons for the labels (direct thermal does not use ribbons.):
- Choose a ribbon type from the catalog list below:
- Wax for lowest cost, good resolution, decent durability and printing on rougher surfaces. (Use with paper labels where image quality and durability are not critical.)
- Wax/Resin for better image quality (important for bar codes) and durability. (Use on better thermal transfer papers and poly plastics.)
- Resin for best image quality and durability. (Use on best poly plastics.)
- Choose a ribbon width as wide or wider than the label being printed.
- Order one ribbon roll per label roll. (Note: Ribbons come in cases of 12, while labels are in cases of 4 to 8.)
How to Read the Product Names in the List Below
In the product list following, each product name has the following parts:
- Manufacturer (all below are from Zebra)
- Part Number (the list below is in part number order)
- Width x Length: Labels are width by length in inches. Ribbons are by widths in inches by length in feet.
- Material: Labels are paper or plastic (Polyester or Polypylene). Ribbons are wax, wax/resin, or resin.
- Type: Supplies are either for Direct Thermal ("DT") or Thermal Transfer ("TT") type printing. (TT needs ribbons and DT does not.)
- Model: Supply models ("Z-Select 4000D", "PolyPro", etc.) have different characteristics which are detailed when you follow the link.
How to Order
- Click on the product links below and use the Buy Now button on the resulting page.
- Or, call 805-375-7000 during Pacific business hours to order.
- Though most orders are delivered within five business days, please order at least ten days in advance of need. Please call to check if you are in a hurry or your need is critical.
- All supplies below are for Zebra “desktop” printers with 1” cores and 5” outer diameters and 4” maximum print width such as Zebra models TLP 2844, GX430t and similar.
- Labels are sold by the case with quantity discounts available. Prices are subject to frequent change.
- Refer to the How to Choose Labels and Ribbons section above for instructions and important info.
- Label width and length are in inches. Swap width and length for more choices (because you can you print labels sideways if need be).
- Note the Part Number especially to precisely identify the item you need. (The Part Number immediately follows "Zebra" in the product names below.)
- The labels with material names “8000D Near-IR” are usually used for shipping labels. (Use your Zebra to print shipping labels too!)
|See the list below for all products in this item class and related classes too.
Customers who purchase the above mentioned products also buy these products.
|Zebra Desktop Printer Labels and Ribbons Supplies Catalog
64 items found searching fields.||