Food Rotation Made Easy: Prep-Pal™ is a food rotation labeling system that is easy to use, convenient and far superior to labeling food by hand. The system is a self-contained combination of tablet PC, software, label printer, labels and stainless steel platform that are specifically designed for restaurants and other commercial food manufacturers who must routinely and carefully label food containers.
The advantages of using this system over hand-written labels are:
- Labels are always clearly readable. They don’t smear or run.
- Eliminates human error with expiration dates that are always correctly calculated.
- Labels are printed many times faster than they can be written by hand.
- Labels are always complete with all of your required data.
- Prep-Pal labels are residue-free and far more hygenic than labels that leave a residue when removed.
- Boosts health inspection scores with greater accuracy, thoroughness and professionalism.
- Requires little or no training.
Prep-Pal systems are available as either the basic kit or the station kit. The basic kit requires that you provide a Windows PC to run the software and the label printer. The station kit is completely self-contained and includes:
- Label printer
- Prep-Pal software
- Tablet PC
- Wall- or desktop-mount stainless steel platform.
Features of the Prep-Pal Station include:
- Standalone, self-contained label printing station
- Wall-mount or rest on table.
- Included tablet PC is a general-purpose Windows PC that can also be used for other functions such as employee training, inventory and recipe files, etc. (with appropriate software purchased separately).
- Reduces the need to access other PCs such as POS systems'.
- Station hardware protects against damage and theft.
- Tablet mount angle is adjustable.
- If preferred, the platform can mounted flipped with the printer on top and the tablet on the bottom
- Gives the prep area a clean, professional look.
- Ships ready-to-use based on the user's needs
- Hides and secures cords.
- Reduces clutter
- Allows easy equipment access
- Quickly change labels or adjust your label printer
The Prep-Pal system is competitively priced, offers lower label costs, ink-free printers and easy-to-use software that is second to none.
Prep-Pal software is simple to use: Select your employee name from the list, choose items and quantities and click “Print”. Easily manage your prep list, names, categories, locations, label types and label setup from the Admin screen.
- Prints single or multiple labels in seconds.
- Product expiration times are calculated automatically and accurately.
- Stores prep lists and employee names.
- Runs on the included Tablet PC or your Windows PC or Windows-based POS system. (If the only PC in your restaurant is a POS system, it can usually run on it.)
- Prints custom labels such as “Use First”, “Monday/Lunes” or “Allergy Alert”
- Item categories help you quickly find items (or find them alphabetically too).
- “Print No Time” option for large batch printing (so that labels are printed except for the expire date which is later filled in by hand).
- Can import your existing prep lists.
- Customizable data formats include:
- product name
- description field
- employee name
- prep time and date
- expiration date or day
- SKU barcode
- company logos
Printer and Labels
- Print up to 51 labels per minute
- Ink-free printing (direct thermal transfer)
- Low label costs
- Label Sizes: 1 x 1, 2 x 1, 2 x 2
- Adhesive types: Water-resistant, residue-free, permanent
Items Included with Purchase
Tablet PC, Printer, Platform and Labels
- Tablet PC with Windows OS
- Prep-Pal Platform Hardware
- Prep-Pal 3.0 software for POS or Windows
- Thermal printer
- Roll of Premium-Peel 2x2 labels (500 labels)
- Power cord and adapter
- USB cable
- Quick-Start Guide
Custom Software Options
Prep-Pal has custom versions of its software that eliminates most of the setup work for the following restaurant franchise brands:
- Dairy Queen
- Five Guys
- Panera Bread
- How do you roll?
The brand-custom versions are for no extra charge. If you are ordering this for use by one of the above, in the Special Instructions of the Shopping Checkout page, please write your franchise brand (especially if it is not obvious from your company name).
The Prep-Pal Station is self-contained. All it needs is access to a wall outlet for power.
Special label types are required (see Label Supplies below).
Prep-Pal uses special residue-free labels designed for easily changing labels on food containers as needed. No ink or ribbons are needed. Labels come in these sizes, colors and purchase units:
- 1x1 White (750 labels/roll, 24 rolls/box, 48 rolls/case)
- 2x1 White/Yellow (1000 labels/roll, 32 rolls/box, 64 rolls/case)
- 2x2 White/Yellow/Red (500 labels/roll, 32 rolls/box, 64 rolls/case)
Look in the Related Products section of this page for links for ordering these Prep-Pal label supplies.
Related Products and Supplies
Prep-Pal systems are available as PC-add-on or standalone, self-contained "Station" versions.
Prep-Pal supplies are the same for both version.
Prep-Pal Label Supplies
2-Year Manufacturer Warranty on printer.
Returnable within 14 days of delivery. Refunds are less shipping, 15% restocking fee and charge card merchant fees (if applied).