HACCP Food Safety Solution: The Temp-Taker™ 3 is a food safety system that automates food temperature plans. It combines a digital logging thermometer and PC software. The system is customized to automate your cafeteria’s or restaurant's HACCP temperature log plan and is ready to use out of the box.
Upload your foods’ safe temperature ranges from the PC to the thermometer, select the food item from the thermometer’s screen, probe the temperature and Temp-Taker shows if the temperature is correct and logs the record in memory. The temperature probe is quick and the memory stores thousands of data points for downloading to your PC. The PC software stores and reports the data for easy and complete reporting for management and health officials.
- Improve health inspection scores
- Increase staff productivity
- Eliminate falsification (“pencil whipping”)
- Assure results and know that the job is getting done.
- Proactive HACCP training provided
- Preventative maintenance included
- Assume 150 temp readings/day at $8.05 per hour.
- By Hand: At 14 hours/week (2 hrs/day), weekly cost is $112.00
- Temp-Taker: At 5 hours/week (40 min/day), weekly cost is $37.59
- Yearly cost savings is about $3,700 using Temp-Taker
Temperature Logging and Other Applications
- Hot and cold holding
- Reheat and cool down
- Dish machine
- Ice bath calibration
- Cooler and freezer
- Dry storage
- Food transportation log
- Production log
- Yes/No checklists
- Survey questions.
Step 1: Record your temperatures
Step 2: Download data to the PC
Step 3: Print, graph, email or archive reports
- Corrective Action Log Manager (specifies quick chill or quick heat corrections)
- Daily HACCP Reports Provided (print, graph, email or archive reports)
- Your software may be customized and shipped pre-loaded with your food and equipment menu items so no data entry is required by you or your staff. (Please call for a quote for this service.) Here are some of the chains whose files we can pre-load:
- Hillstone Restaurants
- How Do You Roll?
- Krispy Kreme
- Dairy Queen
The handheld device offers Corrective Options when the measured temperature of an item is Out of Range (i.e. outside the expected safe zone). These options are defined in the Corrective Options tab (shown in the figure below).
Common default options are already provided. New options can be added and revisions made at any time.
Create Custom Checklists - Yes/No & Surveys
The Temp-Taker™ handheld can be set up to answer yes/no questions. Some common HACCP questions are already provided (see figure below). New questions can be added and revisions made at any time. Note that questions must be assigned to one or more ‘Checklists’. Each Checklist is essentially a group (or list) of questions.
Take Temps - In-Range
The Temp-Taker™ uses a proprietary temperature-stability detection algorithm to determine when the temperature of the probe’s tip has sufficiently stabilized before producing the temperature reading. This contributes toward generating fast/accurate Temps.
The figure below shows how to take In-Range Temps. If the measured temperature is within the established safe zone, an In-Range event is generated and the event details are saved into non-volatile memory (i.e. memory that requires no battery power to preserve data). At this point the device is ready to Temp another item
Take Temps - Out-of-Range
Appropriate Corrective Options are provided according to the product being measured and the circumstances in which the product was measured (e.g. if it’s an initial Temp or if the Temp was taken after corrective action had been performed).
The figure below shows what happens when a Temp is Out of Range. Here the QUICK CHILL option was selected. This initiated a 30-minute Corrective Session (customizable in Corrective Options tab) in which the user must follow through on the corrective action and then re-take the product’s Temp under the Main Menu icon ‘Corrective Sessions’.
Enter appropriate page title/subtitle fields and select the default page layout in the Settings ? Printing tab (see figure below).
To help you find the data you need quickly, Temp-Taker™ provides Day, Week, Month, and Custom view-scope options (see figure below). It also has a data filter and a text search feature on the bottom left corner of the print preview window.
The default fiscal week setting is Sunday through Saturday. If your fiscal week is different, make sure to change it in the Settings ? View tab. The Week scope is governed by this setting.
Remote Monitoring Option (with Temp Cloud add-on)
The Temp Cloud Remote Monitoring HACCP Solution is the simplest remote monitoring solution on the market. Now you can wirelessly sense, collect, record and alert critical data points related to your business, including temperature and humidity, 24/7.
Each Temp-Taker kit includes:
- Temp-Taker™ handheld unit
- PC software kit
- FDA-Recommended 1.5mm Probe
- USB cord
- AC Power Cord
Specifications and Functions
- 2,000 food-item storage capacity (on handheld)
- Stores at least 6,000 temperature, checklist, and security events before needing to upload data to a computer.
- Stores up to 250 users and PINs (if enabled)
- Logs up to 17 different parameters per event (e.g. User Name, Date, Time, Food Item, Equipment, Temperature Reading, and Corrective Action Taken)
- Maintains 21-day event-counter history to help supervisors monitor worker activity
- NIST Traceable
- Lightning-fast temperature measurements (using proprietary predictive algorithm and temperature stability detection)
- Customizable Safe-Temperature Zones, assign limits & corrective options
- False-Measurement Detection
- Require PIN to Log In feature (when enabled)
- Customizable HACCP-Question Checklists
- Flexible Alarm Features with audio/visual indication using buzzer & bright 3-color LED
- Large temperature-reading display
- Automates Time in Lieu of Temperature Policies (i.e. Time as a Public Health Control)
- Prints reports, generates PDFs, and exports to Excel
- Enhanced ‘Calendar Programs’ Interface (simplifies maintenance of cyclic-occurring food menus)
- User-configurable Alarms, Countdown Timer, and Stopwatch features
- Highly customizable & filterable data viewer with powerful ‘Group Related Events’ feature
- Integrated Magnets & Mounting Features
- Fast Response Penetration Probe
- Integrated Probe Storage Compartment that’s easy to clean
The items below are optional or for backup or replacement purposes. Call for prices.
- Stainless Steel Probe: FDA-recommended 1.5mm tip probe with 90-day warranty.
- Long Probe
- Software Customization: Your software is shipped pre-loaded so no data entry is required.
- Temp-Taker Tube: A holster-type tube to protect the probe.
- 2-year manufacturer warranty on main unit.
- 15-Day refund period
Optional Warranties and Training
Please call for prices and details for the optional items below.
- 1-Year Extended Warranty: Extends your original manufacturer’s warranty another year.
- On-Site Training: Two-hour on-site training sessions for you and your entire staff help you lear to use Temp-Taker to its fullest potential.
- 1-Year Replacement Warranty: Protect your investment further with a replacement warranty. If your product is damaged beyond repair, we’ll replace it.
- Maintenance Plan: Send in your units for routine cleaning, recalibration, and software updates. Does not include upgrades or repairs.
- Tech Support Plan: Call us during business hours for unlimited help with questions and troubleshooting with your Temp-Taker™ unit and software.
- Phone/Web-Based Training: 1.5-hour phone or web-based training session. Useful for new employees or as a refresher course.