This item is a simple paging system with one Butler XP one-button transmitter and one alphanumeric text display pager.
Place the Butler XP transmitter anywhere, indoors or out, so anyone may contact your staff with the push of a button. This system is ideal for simple paging requirements such as push-for-service service counter buttons, poolside service or at locked entrance doors as a wireless doorbell. In restaurants, use this to call the manager to the hostess station or cashier's counter when things get either too hectic to look around or so slow that the staff seems to disappear.
The Butler XP transmitter is weatherproof, tamper resistant and battery-powered so it can be mounted and kept outdoors. It comes in a variety of high-visibility colors and a wide choice of secure mounts such as steel wall plates, nylon tie wraps or velcro bands. The text message it sends can say where the page is from.
The basic system arrives preset to send the message "Service 1" or you can customize the message with the optional programming kit. (A Windows PC with USB connection is required to use the kit.)
When using multiple Butler XP's, the text messages are often used to call staff to specific locations with custom messages that say where the call was from: which table, door, work station, etc. Messages can be up to 200 characters long.
Transmitters can call one or more pagers. The call button can be programmed to call any single pager or groups of pagers.
The Butler XP's unusual features include:
- Transmits up to 1/4 mile
- Waterproof and tamper resistant, it is ideal for outdoor use.
- Each transmitter sends one custom message
- Pages directly to pager (No wiring or central processing unit is required. No monthly fees or message service contracts.)
- Uses 2 AA alkaline batteries (user-replaceable and last 8-12 months)
- Alerts manager when power is low
- Dimensions: 2.75" x 7" x 1.375"
- Choice of standard colors and custom colors too.
- Variety of mounting hardware
- An optional programming kit includes USB interface and software for programming with PCs.
- Custom programming by the factory is available.
- 1-year warranty
When used with multiple pagers, the Butler XP:
- Can send to any designated single pager, any two pagers ("shadow pager" feature), or pager groups (up to 99 groups).
- Can automatically re-page with the ability to program how often you want it to re-page (from 10 seconds to every 5 minutes, up to 10 minutes maximum).
- The re-paging feature alerts an additional manager pager if the original page is left uncancelled.
Automatic Repaging: Butler XP transmitters have an advanced automatic repaging feature to help ensure staff response. You can program the Butler XPs so that they automatically keep paging up to three times or until the page is cancelled (which is done by touching the pager to the Butler XP). You can program whether you want the feature off or on, and if on, how long between re-pages (from 10 seconds to every 5 minutes). If the page is not cancelled, the page can "roll over" to another pager. Also, a second pager can be signalled along with the first.
Standard colors are as follows and are usually readily available:
- Yellow (default color)
Special colors are also available but advance ordering is required:
- Light Blue
Custom colors are available for orders of 500 units or more.
To specify your color choice: If you use the shopping cart without specifying a color, the default color is yellow. Use the Special Instructions section of the shopping checkout form to specify other color choices.
Butler XPs include the following hardware for a variety of mounting situations:
- Metal wall-mount plate
- Velcro straps
- Rubber straps
Alphanumeric Pager Features
- Beeper-style pager with belt clip.
- Beeps and/or vibrates.
- Vibrate, beep, and lockdown alert modes
- Four-line display with true alpha characters (that automatically switches between 2- and 4-lines depending on the message length)
- Holds up to 25 messages
- Works with most LRS transmitters
- Displays custom and preprogrammed alphanumeric messages
- Uses one AAA Battery that lasts three to four months.
- Low battery indicator
- Automatic backlight
- Automatic On/Off increases battery life
- Pager cradle (if the clip breaks only the cradles needs replacement)
- Supports up to 5 groups
- Onsite programmability
- Set time and date from any LRS transmitter
- Optional wrist band is available (especially handy for pool and beach service)
This system kit includes the following:
- One yellow Butler XP with wall, velcro, and band mounts.
- One alphanumeric text pager (model E467)
Order Options: The default transmitter color is yellow. The default text message is "Service 1". To ask for a different color or text message, use the shopping cart Special Instructions to specify a different color or message.
Shopping Cart Options
Use the shopping cart options to order either the basic kit with one transmitter and one pager, or the basic kit plus a programming kit.
The programming kit is important if you want to program Butler transmitters yourself.
You can call us at 805-375-7000 to place your order or you can order your system components using the shopping cart here at FoodSoftware.com.
PRONTO Series Transmitters
Text Display Pagers
Programming Kit for PRONTO and Butler XP
Butler Series Transmitters
PRONTO Series Systems
Butler Series Systems
- One-year warranty
- Immediate transmitter replacement (often overnight, with free shipping)
- Seven-day extended hours technical support
Delivery Time: Normal delivery with UPS Ground takes three to seven business days, depending on your location.
Rush Orders: If your order is urgent and you want assurance of immediate shipping, you must call us at 805-375-7000. Note that UPS only guarantees delivery dates for its overnight services.
Overnight Shipping: Overnight shipping is available for this item to most US locations. Friday overnight shipments are normally delivered on Monday unless Saturday delivery is requested by phone. Saturday Delivery, where available, is 50% more than regular overnight.
Returns: LRS Products are returnable within 14 days of delivery. Refunds are less shipping, 15% restock fee and charge card merchant fees (if applied).
US Delivery Only: Radio equipment regulations apply to pager systems and are such that we can only deliver LRS products to US addresses.