Our Price: $149.95
Options and their Prices? Click an Add to Cart button (above, left or right).
More Details? Keep scrolling -- this listing may be very long.
Related Products? Look in the left margin.
Purchase Now? Click an Add to Cart button (above, left or right).
Questions or Custom Orders? Call: 805-375-7000
SORRY - THIS ITEM IS DISCONTINUED AND NOT AVAILABLE FROM ANY SOURCE - PLEASE DO NOT ORDER
1 DVD 1 CD 77 minutes Culinary Institute of America
This DVD will give you a solid foundation of knowledge and skills in the critical segment of the culinary arts - sauce making. One of the most basic cooking fundamentals is the creation of soups, stocks and sauces. The Basics of Sauce Making contains four sections - one for each group of sauces.
Topics covered include:
- Brown Sauces
- Emulsion Sauces
- White Sauces
- Tomato Sauces
Tracing all the way back to Carême's classic method, brown sauces have been both a culinary staple and one of the greatest tests of a chef's skills. This video demonstrates:
- The process for creating espagnole, demi-glace, fond de veau lié, au jus, jus lié, pan gravy and glace de viande.
- Thickening sauces with a roux or a slurry.
- The main applications for glace de viande as well as commercial bases.
From classic to contemporary cuisine, the right white sauce can make a dish distinctive and memorable. This tape covers the fundamentals of creating and using:
- Classic Veloute and béchamel and some of their contemporary interpretations.
- Traditional mornay sauce and a low-fat variation.
- Thickening and flavoring agents and commercial bases
Making an emulsion sauce that doesn't separate distinguishes the novice from the true professional. This program provides instruction in:
- The principles of emulsion
- The art of creating classic hollandaise, béarnaise, beurre blanc, and mayonnaise.
- Preparing both cold and warm vinaigrettes
Beloved and versatile, tomato sauce lends itself to countless variations and derivations that can add interest to your menu. In this tape you will learn:
- How to prepare classic roux-based, French-style tomato sauces and Italian tomato sauces.
- An array of tomato sauce-making techniques and flavoring options
If you're interested in The Basics of Sauce Making by the Culinary Institute of America see these other products here at FoodSoftware.com: