The Food Service Manager's Guide to Creative Cost Cutting. For restaurant owners, managers and key kitchen personnel. Available as printed book with CD or download file.
Many food service books are written for novices, but this is one of the very few written for veteran operators. Demonstrating thousands of often-overlooked ways to reduce costs, this book will teach new tricks to even the most experienced.
Find over 2,001 practical, insider techniques and tips gleaned from successful operators from around the world and tested in real-life food service businesses. You can put these methods in place today to reduce expenses and expand profits. Easy to read and understand, this step-by-step guide takes the mystery out of how to reduce costs in the critical areas of food, beverage, operations and labor.
A CD is included with a large number of cost-cutting and time saving-forms and charts to help you enact your cost saving measures. (See the detailed list of the CD contents below.) All forms are provided in both PDF format for easy viewing and printing and MS Word format for easy customizing.
Sample Book Topics
- Tucking in your shirt can reduce employee turnover. Learn how in chapter 4.
- A picture of your luscious cheesecake can increase sales by up to 10%. Learn how in chapter 2.
- A $15 glove will save you $3,337 per year. Lear how in chapter 5.
- A fifty-cent button can bring you thousands in additional sales. Learn how in chapter 9.
- Decrease your inventory while increasing your menu selection. Learn how in chapter 3.
- You should weigh your silverware. Learn why in chapter 13.
- Mirrors can decrease your utility costs. Learn how in chapter 8.
- A $35 instrument can save you thousands in liquor costs. Learn how in chapter 11.
- A $50 meter will save you $5,000 in lost beer sales. Learn how in chapter 6.
- That bread basket is wasting your dough. Learn why in chapter 1.
- Your bar regular can help with inventory control. Learn how in chapter 4.
- Save as much as $600 a year with an infrared gas fryer. Learn how in chapter 2.
- Free lunch- what does it really cost? Learn how much in chapter 5.
- Utilizing a 49-cent pen can save hundreds of dollars a month. Learn how in chapter 1.
- A label can save you $1,000 a month in food costs. Learn how in chapter 7.
- Get three months of free rent in your existing location. Learn how in chapter 2.
- A 37-cent note will return thousands in sales. Learn how in chapter 10.
- Why is the baby bottle behind the bar? Learn why in chapter 4.
- How much can a two-minute phone call save you? Learn how much in chapter 13.
- A device that costs less than $100 can save you $15,000 in labor costs each year. Learn how in chapter 2.
Included CD Forms and Charts
A CD is included with a large number of cost cutting and time saving forms and charts to help you enact your cost saving measures. (See the detailed list of the CD contents below.) All forms are provided in both PDF format for easy viewing and printing and MS Word format for easy customizing.
- Alcohol Awareness
- Alcohol Awareness Test
- Alcohol Awareness Test Answer Key
- Attainable Food Costs
- Bar Terminology
- Bartender’s Report
- Beverage Consumption Report
- Beverage Perpetual Inventory
- Beverage Recipes Card
- Beverage-Specific Garnishes
- Bid Sheet
- Bottled Beer Count Form
- Break-Even Cost Analysis
- Cash Turn-In Report
- Cashier’s Log
- Cashier’s Report Form
- Cashier’s Report II
- Change Funds
- Check Log
- Commonly Used Costing Formulas
- Cook’s Form
- Cooking Yield Chart
- Customer Comment Form
- Daily Preparation Form
- Daily Production Report
- Daily Yields Form
- Detailed Layout of Kitchen Equipment
- Dining Room Safety Inspection Form
- Dishroom Equipment Layout
- Employee Performance Evaluation Form
- Employee Turnover Rate & Cost Chart
- Event Food Production & Portion Control Form
- Food Cost Calculator
- Food Mishap Report
- Food Service Employment Application
- Guest Check Record
- Ingredient Substitutions
- Liquor Inventory Form
- Liquor Order Form
- Liquor Requisition
- Liquor/Wine Inventory Form
- Materials Cost Projection Form
- Meat Count Form
- Minimum Amount Needed Form
- Operational Budget Form
- Operational Supplies Cost Projection Form
- Payroll Budget Estimate
- Performance-to-Budget Summary
- Perpetual Inventory Form
- Pour Cost Chart
- Prep Chart
- Prep Sheet
- Product Request Log
- Restaurant Shopper’s Report
- Sales Forecast Worksheet
- Service Refusal Form
- Sign-Out Sheet
- Spoilage Report
- Standard Portion Sizes
- Standard Recipe Card A
- Standard Recipe Card B
- Standard Recipe Card C
- Thaw Pull Chart
- Ticket Issuance Form
- Ticket Itemization Form
- Want Sheet
- Wine Terminology