These are individual text display (also called alphanumeric, manager or E467) pagers that can be added to LRS pager systems to add text-messaging features to the system.
Text pagers show full alphanumeric text messages on up to four lines of display with as many as 200 characters in total. Typical uses include urgent and specific messaging to managers and staff such as help the cashier, answer a door, call a phone number, serve food that is ready but ignored, see a customer at a certain table, etc. These messages are usually sent directly from your own local wireless transmitter (located at host or cashier stations, kitchens, offices, etc.). Text pagers are typically used in these scenarios:
- General Messaging: Many LRS transmitters for guest/patient or staff/server paging can send text messages either directly from their keyboards, local computer networks sharing LRS network transmitters or even messages sent via the internet (using NetPage Unlimited).
- Basic Manager Messages: LRS transmitters send a variety of "canned" or custom messages such as "See the host", "Go to the office", etc. Numeric-only messages such as phone numbers or phone line numbers can be composed on-the-fly.
- Push-for-Service Paging: Some scenarios use many push-for-service transmitters sending messages to a few staff text pagers such as for room service, doctor/nurse paging, poolside service, executive dining room service, etc., where the transmitters have to send messages to say where (room, table, station name or number) that service is needed. LRS push-for-service transmitters have one or more buttons that send one programmed message per button.
Text pagers may be added to LRS paging systems in any quantity and can be addressed as groups also.
During peak times, managers are very tough to locate for phone calls, emergencies, etc. With manager paging on your guest pager transmitter, your hostess can quickly send instant messages to the roaming manager using the same guest paging keypad as is used for guests.
Restaurants typically use one pager for each manager on the floor. The guest pager transmitter can address up to 999 manager pagers.
Numeric messages can be composed and sent as needed. The T7470 transmitter also has seventy-five preprogrammed alphanumeric messages that it can send to the manager pagers. When a host pages a manager, he enters the pager ID and then either the numeric message itself or the message number of the alphanumeric message.
The alphanumeric pager (shown right) can accept custom messages in addition to the preprogrammed ones. You enter the custom messages into the transmitter and then they are accessed by code thereafter, similar to the standard messages.
The distance pagers can receive depends on the transmitter and the local environment. The typical maximum range is 3/4 miles. Ranges can be extended using repeaters (see the list of related items below).
Alphanumeric Pager Features
- Beeper-style pager with belt clip.
- Beeps and/or vibrates.
- Vibrate, beep, and lockdown alert modes
- Four-line display with true alpha characters (that automatically switches between 2- and 4-lines depending on the message length)
- Holds up to 25 messages
- Works with all current LRS transmitters
- Displays custom and preprogrammed alphanumeric messages
- Uses one AAA Battery that lasts three to four months.
- Low battery indicator
- Automatic backlight
- Automatic On/Off increases battery life
- Pager cradle (if the clip breaks only the cradles needs replacement)
- Supports up to 5 groups
- Onsite programmability
- Set time and date from any LRS transmitter
Related ProductsOptional Extras: Your system can be customized or expanded and parts can be replaced with individual purchases of the following:
- Guest Pagers
- Custom Labels
- Text Display Pagers
- Range Extenders
Custom Pager Labels
Text Display Pagers
Coaster-Style Pager Chargers
Pager Replacement Subscriptions
Warranty Period for LRS Components: Whichever comes last - 30 days or the end of your System Warranty. (System Warranties are one-year and are extendable.)
Support: Seven-day extended hours technical support
Delivery Time: Normal delivery with UPS Ground takes three to seven business days, depending on your location.
Rush Orders: If your order is urgent and you want assurance of immediate shipping, you must call us at 805-375-7000. Note that UPS only guarantees delivery dates for its overnight services.
Overnight Shipping: Overnight shipping is available for this item to most US locations. Friday overnight shipments are normally delivered on Monday unless Saturday delivery is requested by phone. Saturday Delivery, where available, is 50% more than regular overnight.
Returns: LRS Products are returnable within 14 days of delivery. Refunds are less shipping, 15% restock fee and charge card merchant fees (if applied).
US Delivery Only: Radio equipment regulations apply to pager systems and are such that we can only deliver LRS products to US addresses.