These are individual Apollo Gold AL-A27 (also called "A27" and "ALA27S") side-display pagers that can be used with various Apollo, ARCT and other brands of POCSAG-standard pager transmitters.
The rechargeable AL-A27 Gold XP is a full-size alphanumeric pager ideal for more demanding environments where a physically more robust pager is needed that is larger, louder, easier to read and all-around more durable. With its charger also serving as a stand, it is ideal for keeping on a desk as well as for wearing. Enhancements over traditional pagers include:
- A heavy gauge polycarbonate plastic housing rated IP53 for dust and water protection.
- Four large navigation buttons, rubberized for more reliable operation in wet or dry conditions.
- A more powerful 2.4V NiMH battery pack for louder alerts, stronger vibration, and a more powerful LCD backlight.
- A charger that doubles as a stand that makes it easy to keep the pager on a desk with an clear view of the large display.
- A bright LED lamp and the option of simultaneous beep and vibe for improved alerting.
The ALA27 Gold XP also features:
- The largest LCD of any full-size pager in the industry — almost 30% larger (approximately 2-1/4″” wide by 3/4″” tall) — while maintaining virtually the same overall pager size
- Characters that are nearly 1/4″” tall by 1/8″” wide when zoomed to 2 lines, still with 16 characters per line
- “Source Prompt” custom aliases for each capcode (pager ID), to clearly tag each message according to the capcode it was sent to (up to 18 alphanumeric characters per alias)
- Narrowband or wideband operation (selectable via programming software)
This pager is commonly used in public, government, company, emergency response and private service, with either wide-area or local ranges. It is compliant with the POCSAG industry standard and is compatible with the wide variety of POCSAG transmitters on the market, including Apollo and ARCT brand transmitters.
Pager systems using this pager are often used where cell phone services are not available, reliable or otherwise not desired. There are many physical situations where signals from pager transmitters can reach places that cell signals cannot- for example, pager signals are better able to bend around hills and mountains than cell signals.
The distance pagers can receive depends on the power and coverage of the transmitter system, so this pager can be used used for wide-area or local service. Wide-area services have ranges of many miles. In local service, it depends on the transmitter and the local environment, and the typical maximum range is one-half mile. Local ranges can be extended using repeaters, amplifiers and other range-extension devices (also sold by FoodSoftware.com).
Alphanumeric Pager Main Features (Model Apollo Gold XP AL-A27)
The Apollo Gold AL-A27 pager is recommended when a robust and durable pager with a larger, clearer display and louder beep is desired. With its large display and charger stand, it is especially suitable for keeping on desks and viewed from a small distance. It is often used both for wide-area subscription service and private local service.
- "Full-size", rugged, beeper-style pager with belt clip.
- Beeps and/or vibrates.
- Four-line display with true alpha characters (that automatically switches between 2- and 4-lines depending on the message length)
- Four navigation buttons
- Holds up to 36 messages
- Works with most POCSAG transmitters
- 450-470MHz programmable frequency range (450-470MHz is the default. 152-159 MHz or 929-932 MHz are also available on request.)
- Narrowband or wideband operation
- Uses one AA battery that lasts three to four months.
- Lithium backup battery
- Low battery indicator
- Automatic backlight (blue color)
- Automatic on/off increases battery life
- Size: 3.15" x 2" x .79" (80mm x 53mm x 20mm) (without holster)
- Belt clip / pager cradle including a see-through display shield.
- Supports group paging
- Hand programmable from its menu or from your PC with the optional programming tool.
Specifications (Model Apollo Gold AL-A25)
- Model (SKU): A27 (also called "AL-A27", "AL-A27S")
- Pager Type: Alphanumeric, rechargeable
- Paging Protocol / Format: POCSAG
- Pager Form Factor: Traditional handheld / clip-on
- Available Frequency Bands: VHF, UHF (430-470MHz [UHF] is the default option. 135-174MHz [VHF] or 929-932 [UHF] are available options.)
- Bandwidth Options: Operates narrowband (12.5 kHz) or wideband (25 kHz) (software programmable)
- Pager Baud / Bit Rates (bps): 512 / 1200 / 2400 (programmable)
- Capcode Addresses: 8
- Controls: 4 rubberized, multi-function navigation buttons
- LED Indicators: 1 multi-function LED lamp
- LCD Display: Extra large holographically-enhanced LCD, approximately 2-1/4″ x 3/4″ (57 x 19mm); 4 lines / 84 characters; 2-line zoom mode with extra large characters, each approximately 1/4″ H x 1/8″ W with 16 characters per line; blue backlight
- Alert Methods for Pages: Beep (4 beep, 8 melody); Beep with vibe; vibe only; LED flash; LCD
- Alert Volume for Pages: 88dB @ 4″ (10cm)
- Language Selection: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian, German
- Hand Programming Features: Frequency, capcodes, baud rate, password, and display contrast programmable directly from pager (hand programming feature may also be disabled via PC programming software)
- Message Management Features: 46 total memory slots for incoming and saved messages; selective message lock / delete; duplicate message indicator; unread message indicator; message full indicator; mail drop alert; unread message reminder; auto scroll; zoom
- Date & Time Features: Month, Date, Year, Time display; user-selectable 12 or 24 hour format; 5 daily alarm sets
- Battery Type: NiMH rechargeable battery pack (proprietary)
- Battery Configuration: 1 x 2.4V NiMH battery pack; lithium backup battery
- Housing Material: Heavy gauge polycarbonate and TPU plastic with IP53 rating for dust and water protection
- Color: Black
- Special Ratings & Certifications:IP53 rating for dust and water protection, RoHS compliant
- Additional Features: “Source Prompt” custom aliases for each capcode, to clearly tag each message according to the capcode it was sent to (up to 18 alphanumeric characters per alias); Auto Sleep (programmable); User-friendly navigation with icons and text labels for menus and tasks
- Package Contents: Pager; holster with belt clip; 1 x 2.4V NiMH battery pack; desktop charging cradle with AC adapter.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor.
- Common Applications / Industries: Automotive Dealers & Service Centers, Construction, Demanding Field Use, Dispatch Centers, Facilities Maintenance & Engineering, Fire & EMS, Healthcare (Hospitals, Doctors Offices, Care Homes), Heavy Industry, Hotels / Resorts / Casinos, Public Safety, Shipping & Storage Yards / Loading Docks, Warehouses
You can use these pagers with various ARCT- and Apollo-brand transmitters. You can expand your system by ordering:
- ARCT PT-01 push-for-service transmitter.
- Apollo TE-310 staff transmitter.
- Other POCSAG-protocol transmitters.
To add any of the above to the shopping cart, use the links under Related Products below.
Shopping Cart Options
Use the shopping cart options to take quantity discounts.
You can call us at 805-375-7000 to place your order or you can order your system components using the shopping cart here at FoodSoftware.com.
Related ProductsOptional Extras: Your system can be customized or expanded and parts can be replaced with individual purchases of the following:
- Staff / Server Pagers
- Pager belt clips
- Pager paddles
- Power supplies
- Range Extension Devices
Pagers and System Expansion Kits
Staff Pager Chargers
Spare Parts: Belt Clips, Paddles, Power Supplies
- One-year warranty
- Technical support
Delivery Time: Normal delivery with UPS Ground takes three to seven business days, depending on your location.
International Delivery: ARCT and Apollo brand products are available for international delivery.
Rush Orders: If your order is urgent and you want assurance of immediate shipping, you must call us at 805-375-7000. Note that UPS only guarantees delivery dates for its overnight services.
Overnight Shipping: Overnight shipping is available for this item to most US locations. Friday overnight shipments are normally delivered on Monday unless Saturday delivery is requested by phone. Saturday Delivery, where available, is 50% more than regular overnight.
Returns: This product is returnable within 30 days of delivery. Refunds are less shipping and certain charge card merchant fees (when fees are non-refundable).