These are individual Apollo AL-A24 (formerly AL-924) side-display pagers that can be used with various Apollo and ARCT pager and other transmitters.
The AL-A24 shows full alphanumeric messages on four-line displays of up to 84 characters. Typical uses include urgent and specific messaging to managers and staff such as to announce emergencies, request help for the cashier, answer a door, call a phone number, serve food that is ready but ignored, see a customer at a certain table, etc.
The Apollo 24- and 25-series pagers have similar capabilities with the main differences being physical size and heft. The 24 is for those who want a physically small pager. The 25 is for those who need an all-around heftier pager with a larger, brighter, easier to read display, louder beeps, stronger vibration and bigger buttons. (See the Related Products section below for the link to the 25.)
This pager is commonly used in public, government, company, emergency response and private service, with either wide-area or local ranges. It is compliant with the POCSAG industry standard and is compatible with the wide variety of POCSAG transmitters on the market, including Apollo and ARCT brand transmitters.
Pager systems using this pager are often used where cell phone services are not available, reliable or otherwise not desired. There are many physical situations where signals from pager transmitters can reach places that cell signals cannot- for example, pager signals are better able to bend around hills and mountains than cell signals.
The distance pagers can receive depends on the power and coverage of the transmitter system, so this pager can be used used for wide-area or local service. Wide-area services have ranges of many miles. In local service, it depends on the transmitter and the local environment, and the typical maximum range is one-half mile. Local ranges can be extended using repeaters, amplifiers and other range-extension devices (also sold by FoodSoftware.com).
Alphanumeric Pager Main Features (Model Apollo 24)
- Small, beeper-style pager with belt clip.
- Beeps and/or vibrates.
- Four-line display with true alpha characters (that automatically switches between 2- and 4-lines depending on the message length)
- Holds up to 25 messages
- Works with most POCSAC transmitters
- Uses one AAA Battery that lasts three to four months.
- Low battery indicator
- Automatic backlight
- Automatic On/Off increases battery life
- Size: 2.5" x 1.75" x .75" (64mm x 43mm x 20mm) (without holster)
- Pager cradle (if the clip breaks only the cradles needs replacement)
- Supports group paging
- Programmable from its menu or with the optional programming tool.
Specifications (Model Apollo Gold AL-A25)
- Model (SKU): 924 (Also called "AL24S", "AL-924L", "AL-924". The "AF-924" is the Flex version.))
- Pager Type: Alphanumeric
- Paging Protocol / Format: POCSAG (POCSAG is the standard option. A Flex version is also available.)
- Pager Form Factor: Compact handheld / clip-on
- Available Frequency Bands: VHF, UHF (430-470MHz [UHF] is the default option. 135-174MHz [VHF] or 929-932 [UHF] are available options.)
- Bandwidth Options: Operates narrowband (12.5 kHz) or wideband (25 kHz) (software programmable)
- Pager Baud / Bit Rates (bps): 512 / 1200 / 2400 (programmable)
- Capcode Addresses: 8
- Controls: 3 multi-function navigation buttons
- LED Indicators: None
- LCD Display: Large holographically-enhanced LCD, approximately 1-3/4″ x 5/8″ (46 x 17mm); 4 lines / 84 characters with zoom to 2 lines; power-saving dual frontlights
- Alert Methods for Pages: Beep (4 beep, 10 melody); Vibe; LCD
- Alert Volume for Pages: 87dB @ 4″ (10cm)
- Language Selection: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian, German
- Hand Programming Features: Frequency, capcodes, baud rate, password, and display contrast programmable directly from pager (hand programming feature may also be disabled via PC programming software)
- Message Management Features: 46 total memory slots for incoming and saved messages; selective message lock / delete; duplicate message indicator; unread message indicator; message full indicator; mail drop alert; unread message reminder; auto scroll; zoom
- Date & Time Features: Month, Date, Year, Time display; user-selectable 12 or 24 hour format; 5 daily alarm sets
- Battery Type: Alkaline AAA
- Battery Configuration: 1 x AAA; lithium backup battery
- Housing Material: Heavy gauge polycarbonate plastic
- Color: Black (other colors available)
- Special Ratings & Certifications: UL-certified for hazardous locations (Class I, Div. 2, Groups A,B,C,D; includes Canada), RoHS compliant
- Additional Features: Auto Sleep (programmable); User-friendly navigation with icons and text labels for menus and tasks
- Package Contents: Pager; holster with belt clip; 1 x AAA alkaline battery
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor. Optional: 3 year extended warranty (2 additional years); 5 year extended warranty (4 additional years)
- Common Applications / Industries: Automotive Dealers & Service Centers, Construction, Demanding Field Use, Dispatch Centers, Facilities Maintenance & Engineering, Fire & EMS, Healthcare (Hospitals, Doctors Offices, Care Homes), Heavy Industry, Hotels / Resorts / Casinos, Public Safety, Shipping & Storage Yards / Loading Docks, Warehouses
You can use these pagers with various ARCT- and Apollo-brand transmitters:. You can expand your system by ordering:
- ARCT PT-01 push-for-service transmitter.
- Apollo TE-310 staff transmitter.
- Other POCSAG-protocol transmitters.
To add any of the above to the shopping cart, use the links under
Related Products below.
Shopping Cart Options
Use the shopping cart options to take quantity discounts.
You can call us at 805-375-7000 to place your order or you can order your system components using the shopping cart here at FoodSoftware.com.
Related ProductsOptional Extras: Your system can be customized or expanded and parts can be replaced with individual purchases of the following:
- Staff / Server Pagers
- Pager belt clips
- Pager paddles
- Power supplies
- Range Extension Devices
Pagers and System Expansion Kits
Staff Pager Chargers
Spare Parts: Belt Clips, Paddles, Power Supplies
- One-year warranty
- Technical support
Delivery Time: Normal delivery with UPS Ground takes three to seven business days, depending on your location.
International Delivery: ARCT and Apollo brand products are available for international delivery.
Rush Orders: If your order is urgent and you want assurance of immediate shipping, you must call us at 805-375-7000. Note that UPS only guarantees delivery dates for its overnight services.
Overnight Shipping: Overnight shipping is available for this item to most US locations. Friday overnight shipments are normally delivered on Monday unless Saturday delivery is requested by phone. Saturday Delivery, where available, is 50% more than regular overnight.
Returns: This product is returnable within 30 days of delivery. Refunds are less shipping and certain charge card merchant fees (when fees are non-refundable).