Info, Quotes & Orders:
Advanced Analytical, Inc.
Newbury Park, CA 91320
All Major Credit Cards
|No Sales Tax|
Our Price: $15.99
Options and their Prices? Click an Add to Cart button (above, left or right).
More Details? Keep scrolling -- this listing may be very long.
Related Products? Look in the left margin.
Purchase Now? Click an Add to Cart button (above, left or right).
Questions or Custom Orders? Call: 805-375-7000
Restaurant Design: Designing, Constructing & Renovating a Food Service Establishment
Part of the new GUIDE TO series from the editors of the Food Service Professional Magazine, this is one the best and most comprehensive books for serious food service operations available today. This step-by-step guide is easy to read and understand, with the information "boiled down" to its essence. Filled to the brim with up-to-date and pertinent information, this book cover all the bases, providing clear explanation and helpful, specific information.
- Concise specific information on food service design & construction
- Guidance on construction aspects, design and investment
- Complete answers to critical questions concerning equipment, layout, and design
Table of Contents
- Research & Planning
- Exploring Yourself
- A Restaurant Serves More than Food
- Create Your Vision
- What's on the Menu?
- Research and Analysis
- Visit Your Competition
- Who Is Your Ideal Customer?
- Location, Location, Location
- Feasibility Studies and Analysis
- Get Out Your Calculator
- Writing a Business Plan
- Should You Do It Yourself?
- Who Pays for What?
- Building Your Team
- Consult the Experts
- How Consultants Get Paid
- How To Select Restaurant/Food Service Consultants
- Commercial Real Estate Broker
- Your Construction Team
- Your Business Team
- Leading Them All
- All Those Workers and No Work!
- Licenses, Bonds and Insurance
- Construction & Renovation
- Selecting the Perfect Site
- Building Permits and Codes
- Transforming Buildings into Restaurants
- New Construction Timeline
- Open for Business During a Renovation
- Working in a Construction Zone
- Creating Environments That Work with People
- Will You Have Enough Dining Space?
- Traffic and Workflow
- More Workflow Advice
- Environmental & Safety Issues
- General Issues
- Real and Perceived Cleanliness Issues
- The Air We Breathe
- Outdoor Air Quality Issues
- Water, Water, Everywhere and Not a Drop to Drink
- Conserving Energy
- Waste Management
- It's Good to Be Green
- Building Systems
- Warm in the Winter and Cool in the Summer
- Putting the Fire Out
- Hot and Cold Running Water
- Sounds Good to Us
- Planning and Pre-wiring Specialty Systems
- Front of House
- The Universe of Theme Restaurants - Develop a Theme
- Creating a Design Focal Point
- All in the Family
- The Night Life
- Show Time - Display Kitchens
- The Best Seats in the House
- First Impressions
- May I Take Your Coat?
- Dining Alfresco
- Colors That Compliment
- The Ancient Art of Feng Shui
- Add a Touch of Green
- Commissioning Artists
- Music to Stimulate, Soothe and Woo
- Let There Be Light
- Covering Your Floors
- Selecting Tables
- Seating as Décor
- Your Profit Center
- Seating as Work (and Play) Areas
- Acting as Your Own Decorator
- The Smallest Room in the House
- Front-of-the-House Support Stations
- Streamline Your Activities Back-of-the-House
- Fixtures and Equipment
- Kitchen Design
- Your Chef's Office
- Plenty of Storage
- Working (and Resting) Behind the Scenes
- The Right Equipment for the Job
- Making Wise Equipment Purchases
- Which Quality Level?
- Equipment Budgeting
- Equipment Leasing
- Equipment Rental
- Should I Buy Used Equipment/Fixtures?
- Equipment Suppliers
- Washing Dishware
- Commercial Dishwashers
- Equipment-Specific Tips