Info, Quotes & Orders:
Advanced Analytical, Inc.
Newbury Park, CA 91320
All Major Credit Cards
|No Sales Tax|
|> Home > Product Catalog >|
The Food Service Professional GUIDE TO Buying & Selling a Restaurant Business
Our Price: $15.99
Options and their Prices? Click an Add to Cart button (above, left or right).
More Details? Keep scrolling -- this listing may be very long.
Related Products? Look in the left margin.
Purchase Now? Click an Add to Cart button (above, left or right).
Questions or Custom Orders? Call: 805-375-7000
Buying & Selling a Restaurant Business for Maximum Profit
Part of the new GUIDE TO series from the editors of the Food Service Professional Magazine, this is one the best and most comprehensive books for serious food service operations available today. This step-by-step guide is easy to read and understand, with the information "boiled down" to its essence. Filled to the brim with up-to-date and pertinent information, this book cover all the bases, providing clear explanation and helpful, specific information.
- Learn the proven techniques and insider secrets
- Everything you need to know to buy, sell and finance a restaurant business.
- Learn to analyze true value while getting the best terms
Table of Contents
- Basic Requirements
- Commonsense Thoughts on Selling
- Consider the Practicalities - Don't Be Too Trusting
- A Step Beyond Common Sense
- Set Priorities and Proceed at Your Pace
- Basic Selling Principles
- Find Your Buyer
- Your Job Is to Protect Your Restaurant - Other Considerations
- The Transition - Get a Team in Place
- Get Your House in Order Legally
- Getting Ready for the Sale
- Preparation - The Less Obvious Aspects
- More Steps to Selling
- Putting Together a Winning Prospectus
- The Prospectus: Don't Overdo It
- Setting the Right Price
- The Value of Other Assets
- Beyond Real Estate - Other Pricing Factors
- The Low-Down on Stocks
- Just for Buyers
- What about Franchising?
- Advantages of Franchising
- Disadvantages of Franchising
- Franchise Financing
- Evaluating a Franchise Opportunity
- Franchising Checklist
- Legalities Involving Franchise Restaurants
- Living with the Franchisee/Franchiser Relationship
- Leases and the Start-Up Owner
- Ask Yourself the Question "Why Lease?"
- Using a Lease Broker
- What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Broker?
- Getting Yourself Ready to Lease
- The Power of Words
- Changing the Face of Your Space
- Clearly Define Who Does What
- Understanding Your Lease Agreement
- Financing the Deal
- Where Will the Money Come From?
- Getting Enough Money
- Financing Made Easy
- Other Ideas for Financing Your Restaurant
- The Process of Due Diligence - General Considerations
- Get to Grips with the Demands of Due Diligence
- Making Money, Paying Taxes
- Sale as Capital Gain? - Some Important Considerations
- Closing the Deal
- Other Possibilities
- Going Through with the Deal - Should You Do It?
- Deciding Not to Sell
- Closing Your Doors for Good?
- Don't Make a Decision out of Embarrassment - Consider Alternatives
- Selling Your Restaurant to an Employee
- So, You Still Want Out?
- Ensuring Future Success
- How Do I Project Future Sales?
- Verify the Data
- Service after the Sale
- Advice for the New Proprietor
- Closing Thoughts